Friday, August 12, 2011

August 2011

I haven't had access to a computer, that's one reason I haven't updated this post lately.
I almost skipped seeing Mom one day, but felt guilty and went anyway. Found her on the floor in the living room. She'd been there all night. She knocked her chair over when she sat down. I called Loretta and she flew over and got her on her feet. We re-arranged the living room, put a chair for her to sit in that won't move when she hits it full force.
Joe called to comment that Mom hasn't been changing her clothes. Well, for his information, one day she had on 4 shirts and 2 pair of pants; and another time went on the porch for a short time with no pants. So, the same clothes is not a problem. He mentioned it to her, and she was changed and dressed before I got there to help them. So I spent the time she was gone with him to breakfast to clean the house a little and toss some things that I didn't want her to see me tossing.

She's been letting Molly outside, now there are fleas in the house. Loretta has been spraying the house before she takes Mom out to Bob's.
She's been picking at her skin. Don't know if she's getting flea bites or yucky skin from not bathing. I came over and made Mary go to the drug store with me, she got body wash and medicated lotion for Mom. Mary got her in the shower and had her put some medicated lotion on her arms afterwards.
While Mary had her in the shower, I started cleaning the kitchen. I was dripping with sweat, but determined to do a good job, not the half-assed job I was tempted to do. Mary got Mom dressed and took her out to eat. She called Helen to tell her what I was up to and Helen showed up to mop and clean the bathroom and kitchen floor. We got some windows open and fan going, then there was a wonderful short shower that cooled things off a little.
Now I remember another reason I don't write here very often, too depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment